Location: Shore Rd & Grass Island Rd., Greenwich, CT (Located just before the Grass Island Wastewater Treatment Plant on Grass Island Rd.) Park near the white “Dog Park” sign and then take the steps to the top of the hill where the fenced-in park is located.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited
- No smoking or food of any king (human or dog) allowed in the dog park.
- Owners are required to pick up and properly dispose of their dog’s waste.
- Owners are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises.
- Dogs showing signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the dog park.
- Owners must remain in the fenced area with their dog while the dog is off leash.
- Owners must carry a leash at all times while in the dog park.
- Children 10 years and under are not permitted inside the fenced area.
- All children over 10 years and under 16 years must be closely supervised.
- Limit two dogs per person per visit.
- It is recommended that no more than 20 dogs be within the dog park at one time.
Hours: Daily, dawn to dusk
Parking: There is ample parking by the white “Dog Park” sign off of Grass Island Rd.
Description: The Grass Island Dog Park is a fenced-in dog park with separate entrances and areas for large dogs and small dogs. There is running water and bowls, as well as a kiddie pool outside the fenced area to rinse off your dog. The plot of land is a little more than an acre and overlooks the Grass Island Wastewater Treatment Plant. There is bench seating, poop bag dispenser, waste bins, and cedar chip ground cover in the center of the field.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: I really liked the dogs at this park. I had a blast playing with a Siberian Husky and some other mixed-breed dogs. There were enough trees for me to mark up and a good amount of room to run. This is kind of a no-frills park, but it’s nice. My owner complained that he couldn’t take the smell of the wastewater treatment plant which is just on the other side of the back fence, but I didn’t mind!