Location: 18 Peck Rd., Danbury, CT 06811, across from Margerie Water Treatment Plant
- Owners/attendants are at all times responsible for the acts and conduct of their dog(s) and any injuries caused by their dog(s) while in the City of Danbury’s public designated dog park. Park users and/or dog owners and/or attendants assume all risks related to use of the dog park.
- Smoking and food are not allowed within the dog park.
- All dogs shall have valid rabies vaccinations and display the tag. If the tag is lost, the dog owner/attendant shall provide evidence of current rabies vaccination upon request by a city official.
- Prohibited dogs: Aggressive dogs, female dogs in heat, sick dogs and/or injured dogs and dogs less than four months of age. Dogs are the only animals permitted within the dog park.
- All dogs shall be on a leash when entering and exiting the off-leash area.
- Owners/attendants shall keep a leash in hand for each dog at all times.
- All dogs shall be within sight and under voice control of their owner/attendant at all times. No owner/attendant shall leave any dog unattended.
- Owners/attendants are limited to two dogs per person at any all times.
- Children shall be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult who will be accountable for the behavior and well-being of the child. Children under the age of 12 years are not allowed inside the fenced area of the dog park.
- Choke, prong, pinch, spiked and electronic collars shall be removed from any dog inside the fenced area of the dog park.
- Any dog displaying aggressive and/or dangerous behavior toward people and/or other animals shall be immediately leashed and removed from the park by its owner/attendant.
- Owners/attendants shall immediately clean up and remove any dog waste left by their dog from the premises.
- Owners/attendants shall fill any holes caused by their dog.
- Be responsible and courteous to others. Failure to adhere to any of these rules or regulations may result in the removal from the park and loss of park privileges including being banned from the park. Report any violations to the Director of Recreation (203) 797-4632 and the Airport Administrator (203) 797-4624 and/or the Dog Warden (203) 748-6456 or 911.
Hours: Open from sunrise to sunset
Parking: Ample parking is available at the park entrance.
Description: The Margerie Dog Park, located on a 2.5 acre parcel of land at the Margerie Reservoir across from the Margerie Water Treatment Plant, is Danbury’s second and latest dog park to open. Established at the beginning of 2020, the Margerie location fulfilled an immediate need the city felt after the opening of the Miry Brook dog park in October of 2016. According to city representatives, they experienced a 6.5% rise in dog license applications and the traffic to the Miry Brook location became congested. The new park now has a section for dogs under 20 lbs. and another for those above that weight. Approximately 25 small dogs and 15 large dogs can be accommodated in the park at once. Plenty of seating, watering bowls, and waste bins and dispensers with plastic bags are available to throw away waste.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This place has two really large fenced-in areas… one for smaller dogs like me and another for larger dogs. There are no trees in the fenced area. They’re pretty much open fields, so I didn’t find anything to mark. But both areas have plenty of room to run around and I still enjoyed picking up all the new smells. I also got to meet some nice, larger dogs through the fence, which was nice because my owner didn’t have to worry about them jumping on me.