Location: 320 Nells Rock Rd. , Shelton, CT
- A dog must be licensed and vaccinated.
- Maximum three dogs per owner
- Aggressive dogs and dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Dogs must be on a leash until they are in the fenced area of the park.
- Owners must clean up after their dogs and repair any holes that are dug.
- Owners are responsible for their dog’s behavior.
- Enter the park at your own risk.
Hours: Dawn to dusk
Parking Instruction: Free dedicated parking in clearly marked areas
Description: Shelton Dog Park is a recreational space of just less than two acres where residents can take their dogs to socialize. Built in 2010, Shelton Dog Park includes two fenced-in areas that accommodate large and small dogs. The park sits adjacent to hiking trails and other recreational and multi-use activities. Dog poop bags, waste containers and water are readily available, as are seating areas on both sides of the park. Caretakers have also done a nice amount of landscaping to keep the park looking nice. Agility equipment is offered on the big-dog side of the park.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This park has nice dogs and people and it separates the big dogs from the small, which is good. I took a run in both sides of the park… the small dogs area and the big dogs area. Big dogs don’t bother me and I’m the life of the party wherever I go, so I never have any problems. There is a watering area on the small dog side but it is kept covered and it takes a human to remove the cover to let us dogs get access to it. I liked it here, and I met some very nice dogs who were all glad to meet me!