Location: 44 Compo Rd N, Westport, CT
- Your dog must be on a leash prior to entering and upon leaving the off-leash area.
- “Off leash” does not mean out of control. Respect other park visitors by keeping your dog from running up to and jumping on other people and their dogs. Aggressive behavior, biting, fighting or excessive barking is not allowed. Remember, dog owners are personally liable for damage or injury inflicted by your dog.
- You are required by law to pick up your dog’s feces and to properly dispose of them in the trashcans located throughout the park.
- Your dog must be properly licensed and vaccinated for rabies in order to use the off-leash area.
- Female dogs in heat are not allowed.
- You must be in attendance with your dog at all times within the boundaries of the off-leash area.
- You must have a leash visible at all times.
- You must obey all park rules. Fine per violation: $77
Hours: Open daily, sunrise to sunset
Parking: Parking is available at the main park entrance off of Compo Rd. as well as the back parking lot of the Westport Country Playhouse.
Description: Located adjacent to the Westport Country Playhouse, Winslow Park is a large, Westport-owned property in the heart of the town. The dog park was selected for the “2018 Best of Westport Awards” in the category of “Park.” The “Best of Westport Awards” was established to recognize the best of local businesses in the Westport community. The park itself not only features walking & biking trails, a picnic area, and gardens, but also a large off-leash area for dogs. This area is located on the north side of Winslow Park and can be accessed via the Compo Rd. entrance. The dog-friendly section features acres and acres of rolling hills, shady trees and wooded trails. Near the main entrance to the off-leash park, there is a watering area, trash receptacles and poop bags available.
REVIEW BY DUSTY BLUE: This may be my new favorite park! The open areas are massive. There are tons of trees to mark and sniff. There are plenty of hiking trails in wooded areas. The park supplies poop bags and there are waste cans near the entrance, as well as a water fountain for people and dogs. On top of it all, the land is beautiful!